Friday 6 June 2014

Sam reviews: X-men Days Of Future Past

Hi! I'm back! so, its been a while, and this is about my fifth attempt at writing this post. You may be asking, why has it been so hard to write this blog Sam? well random internet person, the answer is this. I am freaking in love with this movie. I just find it really hard to find faults in it and I know that reading someone pointing out the good bits in a movie is much less entertaining than pointing out the bad, but here we go anyway. As this movie is still relatively new, I will start with no spoilers and then put a big bold spoiler alert, if you have not seen this film already, I would not go beyond that point. Well, that is unless you don't care, in which case whatever! So, lets get started. This film takes place in two points of time, In the future, after the dark phoenix saga takes place, and in the past, eight years after the events of first class. The whole time travel concept can often be made confusing in movies, but in DOFP it made complete sense, so you really shouldn't find it difficult to understand. This movie is mainly based in the past, but you get enough time in the future to know about it and see some of your beloved characters from the original X-men trilogy such as Iceman and Colossus (Sorry rogue fans, she sits this one out) So yeah, the basis of the movie is really good. I will say that it is a tiny bit Wolverine heavy, but I guess I should expect that by now, as everyone in the world seems to freaking love him. I'm sorry, I dislike Wolverine because of his popularity and media coverage, but Its no where near as bad as Batman, so I will let it pass. So, here we are at the big bold SPOILER ALERT. So, hello people that decided to stay (No-one) So, first of all is how cool the sentinels are. I honestly thought this movie would not do them justice at all, but it really did. I liked just how over powered they are, and how three sentinels could practically wipe out the remaining X-men. I thought the entire time travel concept was done really well, and that only the mind going back in time was a good idea. I will however say that this film was not great at explaining things. We don't get to know how Professor X is somehow still alive, and we don't get to know how Magneto got his powers back, and also how Kitty can make people go back in time, but it really doesn't matter to me. I liked that Havok was in it, but was practically heart broken when Magneto revealed that Banshee was dead. (Banshee was my favourite in first class) I thought that the past Professor X had emotion, something that Patrick Stewart never actually did. Beast was really cool, as was Magneto, which finally leaves me with Mystique. Now, I have very mixed feelings about Mystique in this movie. I thought that it was very odd how heartless she had become in such a small space of time, but I also thought that she had a much better character than in the original trilogy. Then there was Quicksilver. Quicksilver in this movie was genuinely amazing. He had by far the best scene, and I really like people with superspeed. I would honestly watch a really bad movie if it had the kitchen scene in it, because it was funny, and really cool. This single character has made me dread the avengers 2, because I can tell I wont like it because it wont do Quicksilver justice. There was also that single phrase that instantly made all the nerds smile. Quicksilver said that his 'ma' once knew a guy that could control metal. Quicksilver is Magnetos son. Mind. Exploded. I really loved this film and think that everyone in the world should see it in the cinema at least nine times, because my god was it good. I hope you have enjoyed watching me slowly start craving another watch from X-men DOFP, I know that complimenting a film isn't exactly the most enjoyable thing, but I felt that I needed to write it. Well, my friend Grace just asked for a mention, so HHHIIIIII GRRRAAACCCCEEEE! well there you go.
ADIOS MIS AMIGOS!
Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment