Friday 17 April 2015

Movies I'm most excited for!

Aaaannnnddddd here we are again, its always such a pleasure. Wait, have I made that joke before? I think I have... well whatever, Hello again internet! Today, I realised that I haven't actually spoken about anything nerdy in months, so I have returned, to write the wrongs and bring this injustice to... justice? Don't even ask. And, because I'm creative and stuff, I'm going to talk about the movies I'm most excited for! Starting from fifth most anticipated movie, going to the top one! lets go! Prepare your ducks!

5: Star wars episode 7: The Force Awakens

First of all, I would like to point out that I'm watching the trailers before writing the individual sections, just to refresh my memory. Now, for me, this is great, because the second force awakens trailer only came out recently, and it still explodes my head. I didn't even realise how much I was excited for this movie I was until I saw the trailer. So obviously, it starts out with that panning shot, and I was in  love 10 seconds in. There was just that little bit of star wars music that got my heart beating a bit faster, then the awesome shot of the star destroyer, freaking Luke quotes and cool shots of Darth Vaders helmet and then R2-D2. Then the music picks up into that epic Tatooine kinda theme. And everything EXPLODED. TIE FIGHTERS, X-WINGS, FREAKING LIGHTSABERS AND STORM TROOPERS, BETTER CGI, I FREAKING CANT HOLD IN THE NOSTALGIA, THIS IS WHAT I GREW UP ON, AND ITS BACK. AAAHHHHH ITS GONNA BE SO COOOOOOOOOL. Breathe Sam... Breathe... Well, now that's over, I might need to leave this section before I start hyperventilating again. Now, you can probably see I'm really excited for all these movies, that was only the fifth. (I blame my childhood)

4: Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice

So, there wasn't much of a trailer for this, so far its just dramatic shots and stuff, but I honestly don't know how this movie will turn out. I think that, if done right, this has the potential to be one of the greatest films in cinematic history, like, ever. However. And this is a big however. I somewhat doubt It'll be done correctly. I think that it might actually have a bigger chance of being a film similar to the green lantern, something that should work, but just doesn't. And that deeply upsets me. I'm not going to lie, I love Man Of Steel, I think its a great movie, but I just don't think its a story that Batman could fit into. And don't even get me started on the whole 'Vs' thing because we all know Superman could completely annihilate Batman at any point, The dudes freaking immortal, with super speed, strength and flight. What does Batman have? A superhumanly grumbly voice. Well done there Bruce. So, actually, looking at the facts and the trailers effect on me, I'm calling a switch, Sorry DC, you take fifth place, come on up Star Wars, we have more than enough room for you up here in space number four.

3: The Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron

Now, this is something unexpected, The Avengers, The most popular and best selling comic book franchise of nearly all time, in third place? so you may ask why that is, and the answer is that you will see later on. Now, I'm not going to lie, the Avengers does look incredible, with all of the original team plus all the awesomeness of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, two of my favourite characters, as well as the cool story and CGI. You woulda thought this would be first place, and there's no logical reason why it isn't, but I just have to say, If I could only watch one of the top three films and never see the other two in my life, I just wouldn't pick the Avengers, sorry cap. It does look absolutely incredible though, and incredibly epic. One thing that the franchise has lost is the worry for the characters. I mean, other than Hawkeye (Who no one actually likes) Who has a chance of dying? They would never kill Iron man, Robert Downey Jr. is too much of an asset to marvel to waste in that way, everyone has that weird stupid love of Thor, Captain America is suddenly popular and kinda the heart of the Avengers, Hulk is basically invincible and Black Widow just wont die, if she does then who will deliver the one liners with Tony? So, who do we actually have that might die? Hawkeye? HAHAHAHAHAHA, He wont be missed.

2: Ant-man (The film no one was expecting)

So, Ant-man, the film no ones even heard of, well screw you guys because I think it looks great, I think it has potential to be a really clever film, with all the stuff you can do with the size changing, and also potentially hilarious, I predict another completely unexpected success like Guardians of the galaxy, because damn am I looking forward to this movie. I think Ant man as a character is great, even if they do use Scott Lang rather than Hank Pym. There's a lot of potential with Scott's past, and I actually really like Paul Rudd as a casting choice. I think this is a really odd little film, but it could be SO. GOOD. Already from what I've seen in the trailers for the action scenes, it could make for a really cool action film, and that's why I can't wait to see it.

And so, first place goes to......
Drumroll please.

1: FANTASTIC FOUR! No, Really.

Yeah, I'm most looking forward to fantastic four, get over it. I love the darker look, and wont lie, I'm a huge fan of the team in general. Having seen Chronicle and thinking Steve was the freaking best thing in it, I cant wait to see Michael Jordon do his thing with The Human Torch, honestly I think its the best casting choice possible and he really suits the character well. I also think that Miles Teller is a really talented actor. The film itself looks great, taking a slightly futuristic look that Fox does so well, as well as a really good sciencey vibe I only really ever get from the Fantastic four. All Around, I can't stress how excited I am for this film, and I think it could be complete and utter brilliance, I'm just so happy someone's actually taking them seriously for once, and think its gonna be... fantastic. (Ba dum tish)

So, that's it, that's my list, to any of you who actually got through the whole thing, thank you, I hope you enjoyed, even if my film preference is a little odd. Anyway, have a good weekend people, and as always,
ADIOS MIS AMIGOS,
 Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment